of Heidelberg Engineering GmbH
18th May 2020
We appreciate your interest in our website and our company.
The protection of your personal data, collected, processed, and used during your visit to our website, and the use of our portals (e.g. Business Lounge, Academy, etc.) is important to us. Your data will be protected in accordance with legal regulations. The following information is about the data recorded and how it is used:
1. Personal data
Personal data is factual or personal information about a specific or specifically identifiable person.
2. The type, scope, and purpose of the personal data collected, processed, and used
(1) Every visit to our website and each request for data from the website is logged by the IP address of the computer from which it was requested. This information is saved for internal system-related and statistical purposes. The following information is logged: the name of the requested file, the date, and the time of the request, the amount of data transferred, the IP address, the notification of a successful request, the web browser, and the requesting domain. Additional personal data (name, job title, company, address, phone, fax, e-mail address) is only collected if you voluntarily disclose this information online in the form of an information material requirement, a subscription to Heidelberg Engineering News or other portals of Heidelberg Engineering GmbH, a quotation, support or purchase request or sweepstakes registration.
(2) If you have provided us with personal data, we will only use it for the purposes of communication regarding your requests, to process contracts concluded with you, or as described below:
3. Forwarding and transfer of data
(1) Your personal information will only be passed on to third parties or otherwise transferred if it is required for the processing of the contract. A requirement exists especially in the transfer of order information to suppliers, for example, for the purposes of supplying or billing, for the provision of requested training, or for answering questions raised. Data is forwarded or otherwise transferred in compliance with Section 11 of the German Federal Data Protection Act (FDPA) for the processing of order data or Sections 4b and 4c of the FDPA (transfer to third countries) unless you have given prior consent to its being forwarded or transferred.
(2) Disclosures to authorized state institutions and authorities are only made if required by law or we are obliged by court order to do so.
(3) Our employees are bound under Section 5 of the FDPA to maintain confidentiality and to comply with data protection provisions.
4. Storage of personal data
Heidelberg Engineering GmbH collects personal data for as long as it is required to provide a service you have requested or to which you have given your consent, except where legal obligations otherwise exist.
5. Right of withdrawal
You may object to the use of your personal data with immediate effect in the future at any time by withdrawing your consent. The notice of withdrawal should be sent to the Privacy Officer at Privacy[at]HeidelbergEngineering.com or in writing to Heidelberg Engineering GmbH, Max-Jarecki-Straße 8, 69115 Heidelberg.
6. Right to information, correction, blocking, deletion
(1) If you have questions or remarks about the processing of your personal data, you can contact our Privacy Officer at:
CL Compliance und Datenschutz GmbH & Co KG
Phone: +49 721 91250880
(2) In accordance with the applicable laws and regulations we will, on request, inform you in writing as soon as possible whether and which personal data about you is saved by us. If outdated or incorrect information has been saved, we will correct it at your request. You also have the right to block or delete the data, taking the legal obligations into account.
(3) Further information about nature and role of the used cookies can be found in our Cookie Information.
8. Web analysis
The web analysis tools that we use are listed and described in our Cookie Information.
(2) On our site you will find links to our corporate presence on YouTube, LinkedIn and Instagram.
|Click the “YouTube” button to access our corporate presence on YouTube. Clicking will establish a direct connection with the browser and the YouTube servers. If you are logged into your personal YouTube account during your visit to our site, YouTube can assign this visit to the site to your account. If you wish to prevent the transfer of data to your YouTube account, please log out of your YouTube account before clicking on the YouTube button.|
|Click the “in” button to access our corporate presence on LinkedIn. Clicking will establish a direct connection with the browser and the LinkedIn servers. If you are logged into your personal LinkedIn account during your visit to our site, LinkedIn can assign this visit of the site to your account. If you wish to prevent the transfer of data to your LinkedIn account, please log out of your LinkedIn account before clicking on the LinkedIn button.|
|Click the “Instagram” button to access our corporate presence on Instagram. Clicking will establish a direct connection with the browser and the Instagram servers. If you are logged into your personal Instagram account during your visit to our site, Instagram can assign this visit to the site to your account. If you wish to prevent the transfer of data to your Instagram account, please log out of your Instagram account before clicking on the Instagram button.
10. Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics tool provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files saved on your computer, to help the website to analyze how you use the site. The information generated by the cookie and regarding your behavior when using the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. If the the IP anonymization is activated, Google will truncate/anonymize the last octet of the IP address for Member States of the European Union as well as for other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area before transferring data. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address is sent to Google servers in the USA and then shortened.
On behalf of the website provider, Google will use this information for the purpose of analyzing your behavior when you are using the website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage to the website provider. Google will not link your IP address to any other data stored by Google.
You may disable cookies by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser. However, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website. Furthermore, you can object to forwarding the data collected with cookies when you visit this website (including the IP address) to Google and prevent Google from processing of data by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-us.
You can refuse the use of Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie will be set on the computer, which prevents the future collection of your data when you visit this website:
Disable Google Analytics
Please be aware that if you choose to disable all cookies, also opt-out cookies will be disabled as well.
This website uses Google Analytics with the extension „_anonymizeIp()“. With this extension, all IP addresses will be shortened what makes it impossible to link data to a particular individual. If for some reason data can be linked to a specific individual this link will be directly excluded and personal data will be deleted.
With Google Analytics, we do not collect any personal data that would allow us to identify a user. The collected data only serve to optimize user experience and site usability.
11. Google Tagmanager
We additionally use the Google Tag Manager. With this service we are able to manage website tags. The Google Tag Manager only sets up tags. Tags are code that is used to measure traffic and visitor behavior. The tags are provided by other services – in our case Google Analytics. The Google Tag Manager only manages these tags, does not set cookies and does not collect any personal data. If tracking is deactivated, this also applies to all tracking tags managed by the Google Tag Manager.
For more information about Google Tag Manager, please visit: https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/tag-manager/
12. Security during data transfer
We use technical and organizational measures to protect your data against manipulation, loss, destruction or unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are constantly updated in line with the latest technical developments.
If you have questions or remarks about the processing of your personal data, please contact us using the details given below:
Heidelberg Engineering, Inc.
10 Forge Parkway
Franklin, MA 02038
Phone: +1 (508) 530-7900
Fax: +1 (508) 530-7901